A secondary or revision face lift is much more challenging as it often has created a secondary deformity with aging of the face and neck areas. The key element is to accurately diagnosis the problem caused by the previous surgery including asymmetric appearance, tethered or pulled earlobes, wide scars, cheek depressions and a windswept look that is quite unnatural and unattractive.
Dr. Rohrich is an international facial rejuvenation expert and an expert in the science of aging and has studied secondary aging deformities extensively over the past two decades. He has designed, mastered and published an innovative method of correcting these post facelift deformities. This revision facelift restores the natural look you desire. Secondary facelift patients often need a combination of “The Five Rs” to provide for a more natural facial rejuvenation.
- Resect the scar in front of and in back of the ear area.
- Release the deep tethered facial layers that cause the windswept look.
- Reshape the deep and superficial facial layers of the SMAS that hold up the outer face.
- Refill the deflated middle facial areas including the deep and superficial cheek fat compartments as well as the temple, forehead, chin and lip areas.
- Restore the natural curves of the cheek and face that use an advanced and personalized lift-and-fill facelift procedure. This includes restoring and lifting the deeper layers of the face, and also refilling and restoring the central cheek area.
This innovative and corrective restorative facelift, together with modern necklift procedures developed by Dr. Rohrich, as well as other techniques including skin resurfacing allow for the restoration of a natural look. Dr. Rohrich is invited to lecture and operate around the world on these innovations in revision and restorative facelift surgery. He has also published extensively on facial rejuvenation and his teachings and contributions in modern facelift techniques and facial aging are legendary. He founded and chairs the annual Dallas Cosmetic Surgery Meeting which has taught over 10,000 plastic surgeons these innovative techniques and technology over the past two decades.